Tuesday 2 March 2010

Realisation Journal - 1 and 2 March

Monday, 1 March 2010

I didn't sleep all day today. I got to my appointment early and got everything on my to-do list completed. It's now 1:30 and I am going to bed in about 15 minutes. Not bad.


Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Today I didn't go to class, even though I got up a bit earlier and had my stuff all ready to walk out the door. Instead I went to Saint Martin's and enlarged my designs and design templates on the photocopier. I need an accurate rendering of my design so the pieces fit together perfectly when they are cut out on the laser cutter. The leaves need to be about 1cm apart from the pieces they are joined to. I did a better rendering today and plan to make adjustments at home via White-Out (Tipex in British?), computer and pen. Then I am going to trace it onto tracing paper and add the detail for etching, leaf edges and eyelet tabs to my tracing. I have to blog for a few minutes tonight, too (which I am doing now, of course - this is all transferred from my diary), and input some data into Word for Hand & Lock.
This new plan I made the other day is far more organised than last week and I've been so much more productive; a better feeling.
...
I was supposed to go to work tomorrow, but I postponed it until Friday so I can catch up on sampling and mock-up development at uni tomorrow. I would like to have completed a lot more by surgeries on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment